Based on my previous oven baked chicken wings recipe, this time I slightly modified it to make fried chicken wings. Well, I can say with 100% confidence that this recipe makes very scrumptious crispy fried chicken wings or drumettes. Look at the photo, don’t you just feel your mouth is filling up with saliva? Hahaha!
Here are the ingredients for my best crispy fried chicken wings recipe and how to do it.
- 8 Chicken wings
- 8 tablespoons white flour
- 2 tablespoons corn flour
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons cayenne powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- After cleaning up the chicken wings, pat them dry.
- Mix well all flour, powdered ingredients and salt in a food storage plastic bag or a large container that comes with a lid.
- Toss the chicken wings inside the bag or container until they are evenly coated with the ingredients.
- Let the chicken wings marinate inside the bag or container inside the fridge for 2-3 hours.
- Fry chicken wings in oil in wok or pan until golden brown and cooked. Deep frying is not necessary.
* If you want some sauce to go with the wings, mix 2-3 tablespoons of HP BBQ sauce with few dashes of hot pepper sauce and some water, cook them in the wok, turn of the heat once the sauce boils.
* Suggestion: Use the same ingredient and method to make fried chicken fillet, which can be wrapped up together with lettuce in a pita bread. Should make a nice crispy chicken pocket sandwich. 😉
(P.S. I cooked this just before hubby got sick, so his coughing was not my fault. :P)